Friday, August 7, 2009

Final days in SF




I never really got a chance to fill you in on the rest of my trip to SF, so here it is. Besides checking out a bunch of stores in the city - Chrome, Calumet, Pedal Revolution, Mission Skateshop/Pushbike (cycling gear), Box Dog Bikes and of course - DLXSF, I got a chance to hit up 3rd and Army (actually Ceasar Chavez if you are looking for it on a map). The first day I went by, I specifically went to try to get some skate pics. Believe it or not, the place was empty! Yep, empty. Only a little while later some guys showed up - a crew out of San Diego. I guess they were earlier because this one dude tried to heelflip the round rail, but couldn't quite get it - good attempt though (I couldn't do it!). MondayI came back to skate it. I guess when you skate some where new, it takes a while to get used to it - however, I never did. I almost killed myself like 5 times. Again it was pretty empty, until about a half hour after I started skating, some other guys started showing up - one of which was Raymond Molinar - and Ameatur for Stereo Skateboards. Didn't take any photos of him, but I did say hi and showed him a photo I shot of him skating during the red bull Manny Mania in NYC this year. He was pretty stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment